Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

Cancer is awful!

I had no other idea for todays title.

Over the past couple of weeks, we have been hit with the Cancer bomb.
Its awful!

Johns dad went into hospital last Monday with a suspected Gall Bladder problem. A few tests, CAT scan etc and they found a growth on his heart and spots on his liver. They managed his pain and he went home (I think he would of been chomping at the bit to leave).

Last night, we got the call that the biopsies were back etc and the cancer is EVERYWHERE. Not only that, but poor dad has Rheumatoid arthritis too. I am slowly falling apart while trying to hold everyone up (John, his brother, Johns aunt). I know that there could be years, weeks or even months left and am trying to focus on the long term (him being here for xmas etc) because while I am grieving, he isnt dead yet lol.
I am also feeling a wee bit selfish at how I am feeling. He isnt MY dad, and this isnt MY family (ya know), so why am I sad and feeling like everything is falling apart around us?


I feel for mum as I have no idea what they are going through. They have been married for 32+years and together for longer. They have also just gone through a family death a few months ago. 


While I SHOULD be doing my blog challenge and catching up, its the last thing on my mind at the moment.


Okay, Im off to stoke the fire and make a cuppa and gorge myself on chocolate while deciding on what to make for dinner.


Happy Friday everyone
xoxoxo







2 comments:

  1. A very appropriate title. The same thing happened to my poppa, it was everywhere. It is not selfish at all to feel how you are feeling. Lots of love to you and your family xoxox

    ReplyDelete