Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

#summer blog catch up

I am OFFICIALLY wayyyyy behind.....heres my catch up

WHAT'S YOUR DREAM JOB?
Mmmm my dream job is a...........

RADIOGRAPHER!

That means that I want to be the person that takes ultrasounds, x-rays etc. It is something I have wanted to do for the past 8years or so and still want to do now. I have gone through the process of actually looking at where I can study to do it, I have asked other Radiographers how they did it and its also a very short staffed profession here.

DO YOU HAVE A FAVOURITE AUTHOR?
Yes! In fact, I have too many authors.
I love Judy Blume. She is one of my childhood/teenage favourites a long with Paula Dazinger. They are both great women in their own right and write fantastic books. My fave books would be..... Starring Sally J Freedman as Herself and The Pistachio Prescription (AND the fudge o mania books and the bat in bunk five books).
I think thats it...I have read a lot of other authors and always seem to come back to these two. I have re-read their stuff, read everything they published that I could find and have their books on my bookshelf.
I also read Janet Evanovich and Louise Bagshawe, but they dont compare.

WHAT IS A SKILL YOU WISH YOU HAD?
mmmmm a skill? like a work skill or a life skill?
A life skill that I wish I had is.......to be more calmer in life (especially as a parent) and to have the life skills that I should of been taught that I didnt pick up myself. Now that I think about it some more....the list is actually getting longer lol.

CREATE A BUCKET LIST

  1. Travel to all the places I learnt about in school
  2. Go and see the lego factory
  3. Go to Holland (I think)...the model train museum
  4. See more of my country before I head off overseas and see the world
  5. Fix up my house the way I want it to be
  6. Watch my kids grow up and become men
  7. Take an actual Family Holiday!
  8. Do all the silly mundane things that I keep meaning to do and never get around to doing
  9. Eat more chocolate biscuits
  10. To do the "eat, pray, love" thing and be happy.
NAME A MOVIE YOU LIKE AND WHY IT APPEALS TO YOU
My movie is The Notebook.
I love this movie. I have it on DVD. I have pictures saved to my computer HDD so I can look at them later. I have watched movies starring the lead actors too.
I love the story. I love the love. I love the way the couple goes through so much and still comes out of it together. I love everything in it.
I think I love it so much, because John and I have been through so much too. He is my Noah Calhoun and Im his Ali.The Notebook Wiki Synopsis

SHARE A PET YOU HAVE OR HAVE HAD IN THE PAST.
This is my baby Tungsten. John bought her off some friends 6years ago. She is a GREAT DANE/BULL MASTIFF cross with a bit of Ridgeback in her. She is huge! She sits in front of the  fire every winter and Im pretty sure she would climb in if she could fit......




2 comments:

  1. Your dog is gorgeous! We used to have a teeny tiny little toe rag dog and he used to sit right in front of the fire too. He used to look like a little statue and would fall over fast asleep when his chest got warm enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get to be a radiographer and have a family holiday really soon. My parents always get really good deals off the net for holidays, I need to start looking for some specials! Enjoy your weekend Vikki :)

    ReplyDelete