Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2013

How much do YOU spend?

A blog I follow has decided to join another blog I follow in a personal "No Spend January" (I think she said Jan-Feb).

I have been reading her blog and you can too here where she has said why she is doing this and how there are "triggers" etc she is finding a long the way 6 days in.

Her posts have been making me think about how many more people are spending  money on stuff?

Stuff you think you need
Stuff you want
Stuff so you are like everyone else
Stuff
Stuff
Stuff

We, as a family have not fallen into the consumer pit (or we have at least tried to stay out of it) and we can do things without spending money all the time.
It seems there are people out there that go to The Warehouse and have to spend money....or you short change yourself in the grocery shop so you HAVE to go back and get that loaf of bread you forgot and those extra things you throw in the trolley that you didnt need too.
If you can't buy it in cash, you use your credit card (we didn't have one until the bank sent us one and we DON"T use it)
You have to go on Trade Me and buy something off the $1 reserve listings so you can say, "it was a bargain!"

So, really how many people are like that?

One of the posts I have read made me think "really, you dont know how to do that?" as she has come across as only being able to do family things if she can spend money doing it.
I don't know how many things I do with my children that either don't cost money or don't cost a lot.
I took them to the pool the other day for $7.20! That was for both of them to swim for as long as they wanted (as long as the pool didnt shut lol) and I can take them anywhere I want and it doesn't cost me anything but time. We can walk around the lake, feed the ducks, go to the park, the library, my mums, Johns nanas.....the list is endless of free things to do with the kids (unless you count time and fuel for the truck).
I can also take my boys to The Warehouse to play with the noisy toys and bring them home empty handed.

So there is your food for thought this week.....go over to her blog and have a read and a follow maybe and see how she is doing.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment