Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

I have to share my lunch with you!

Today is "tighten up Tuesday" that means.....

Eating what is on the meal plan
Drinking lots of water
Exercising
Not eating crap

I have been doing extra good considering I don't eat breakfast (but now I will eat a banana or the planned breakfast) and I don't make lunch lol.

Today, however, it is raining and cold and I WAS HUNGRY! So I got up and cooked.....


Chicken & Grape Salad with Feta & Walnuts



It is FANTASTIC! I had warm chicken in it and it warmed me up.

Here is the recipe


Ingredients

  • 3 Handfuls Rocket (120g)
  • 100g Grapes
  • 80g Cooked Lean Chicken Breast
  • 18g Walnuts
  • 30g Low Fat Feta
  • 1 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil (20g)
  • 2 Teaspoons Lemon Juice (10g)

Preparation Tips

  • Halve the grapes
  • Thinly slice the cooked chicken
  • Toast the walnuts
  • Crumble the feta

Method

  1. Combine the rocket, grapes, chicken, walnuts and feta in a bowl.
  2. Combine the oil and lemon juice in a separate bowl. 
  3. Drizzle over the salad. 
  4. Season with pepper and toss to combine.
So I sliced the chicken breast into 3 pieces through the breast, cut the grapes in half, and then drizzled some dijon mustard over the top.

YUM!






No comments:

Post a Comment